Tuesday, March 31, 2009

So the thing about Australia in May...




May 9th I fly to Brisbane and spend the week at
15th International Reach to Recovery Breast Cancer Support Conference. I am looking forward to participating in a conference with a global sensibility. There will be 600 participants from 40 countries. 

Included in my small speaking group alone is a woman from Kenya and several others from Australia. I am interested to learn how our global communities address the issue of women's health. 

I have been working on an new speaking bit- People Like Us: How To Become A Reluctant Iconoclast and Change The World. I am looking forward to trying it out!

And then, well, I'll  join up with 7 of my pals from the US, along with women from 5 other countries, totaling 32 women on motorcycles and 3 support vans.  We'll kick the engines on our Harley's and burn rubber to Sydney. Hee-hee.
Reach to Recovery 2009


No comments:

Post a Comment